Reading eBooks and listening to eAudiobooks is very easy on Apple and Android smartphones and tablets using the new "Libby" app. Perform the following one-time setup instructions to get started:
- Install the Libby, by OverDrive app either from Apple's App Store or from Android's Google Play Store.
- Open the app, then press the Hi button.
- Scroll down and press Search Libraries.
- Search for "Stormont", then select Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry County Library.
- Press the Yes button.
- Enter your full library barcode (no spaces) and your PIN (usually the last four digits of your phone number) then press Sign In.
Now you're all set to Borrow, Download, and Place Holds on eBooks & eAudiobooks!
Searching & Borrowing
Once set up with Libby, you can either browse by categories, or use the search bar at the top of the screen (magnifying glass icon) to find eBooks & eAudiobooks by author, title, series, and other keywords. A few tips are illustrated below with a sample search:
- eBooks & eAudiobooks are combined by default, but you can limit your results to only one type by pressing books or audiobooks.
- If a title is currently unavailable, you can press Place a Hold to setup notification and automatic downloading when it becomes available.
- If a title is ready to be borrowed, press the Borrow button to download it to your device.
- It's easy to see if a title is an eBook or an eAudiobook because eAudiobooks show headphones below the cover image.
- Loans, Holds, and other account and usage information can be found by pressing Shelf. Simply press Open Book to start reading anything in your shelf.
- You can easily go back to the catalogue to borrow more titles by pressing the Library button.