Interlibrary Loan Service
Note: Interlibrary Loan requests cannot be fulfilled while the Library Administration office is closed from December 24, 2019 to January 1, 2020. Requests can still be made during this time, and will be fulfilled from January 2nd and onwards.
What are Interlibrary Loans?
Interlibrary loans (ILLOs) are items borrowed from other libraries in Ontario. If we cannot provide an item from our own collection, we can request to borrow it from another library system. Any library member in good standing can use the ILLO service.
Due to recent changes to the delivery of ILLOs, there is a cost to libraries associated with using the ILLO service. This cost comes out of the Library Services budget. Patrons are encouraged to also consider finding comparable titles from our collections or to use the suggestion for purchase form.
How to Request an Interlibrary Loan
Detailed written instructions with FAQs can be found here.
- Do not request titles that we already own. Always search and use our own catalogue first.
- A maximum of three (3) simultaneous ILLO requests are permitted at a time.
- Requested items must be two (2) years or older.
- No DVDs or audiobooks may be requested.
- Format restrictions may be imposed.
- Only request titles that include an ISBN in their records.
*Failing to observe these terms may result in losing full access to the ILLO catalogue.*