Welcome Back to Your Library!
The SDG Library is working hard to safely re-open our branches - check out our plan for re-opening here.
We are carefully considering what is required for each service in order to ensure the health and safety of those using and working in the Library. On Monday, July 20, limited access to SDG Library branches began at Alexandria, Crysler, Ingleside, Lancaster, Morrisburg and Winchester branches. Please see below for current services available, hours of operation and procedures for accessing services.
Coming Soon - Short Stays and Browsing Collections
Beginning on Tuesday, September 8, the six branches open for limited access will now be open for browsing collections and staying in-branch for short stays. Branch capacity is reduced at this time so visits will be limited to 30 minutes. Please wait outside the branch if we are at capacity.
The MakerLab (Finch Branch) will also be available for use by appointment. Patrons looking for space to undertake maker or do-it-yourself projects, should contact the branch to make arrangements. Contact the branch at email@example.com or (613) 984-2807.
Hours at the Lancaster and Crysler branches will be changing as of September 8 to better accommodate the safety measures required due to COVID-19. Curbside pick-up service will no longer be available at these branches.
Please familiarize yourself with our procedures for safely using our branches before your visit. Information on what to expect when visiting can be found below.
Access to our public computers is available at our six limited access branches. Access will be available for 30 minute appointments.. Printing (including 3D printing), photocopying and faxing services are also available.
In Branch Holds and Curbside Pick-up
Other Services/Resources Currently Available
- Basic general reference assistance.
- 'Library of Things' collection.
- Library Express - Glen Walter Express, St. Andrews Express and Dalkeith Express.
- Commissioner of Oaths.
- Exam proctoring.
- Virtual library support and programs.
- WiFi access outside all branches.
- Book returns at all branches.
Timing and availability of services is subject to change based on information provided by our government authorities.
What to Expect When Visiting
The safety of our staff and the public is very important to us. Here is what we require when visiting any of the branches of the SDG Library:
- Members of the public and staff must wear face coverings as outlined in the EOHU Directive on mandatory mask use in public spaces.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the building.
- Maintain physical distancing when possible (6ft).
- Respect the time limits (30 minutes per person).
- Limit the number of visitors entering the branch (ideally, one adult per family). Children should not enter the branch unless absolutely necessary and accompanied by a parent/caregiver.
- Limit the number of touch points.
- Cooperate with all requests from staff.
For the health and safety of both staff and patrons, staff will be unable to take returns from you directly. Items can be returned in book return bins or in the totes provided at curbside pick-up.
Hours of Operation